My Bees Are Here!!!

kimlove2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
:celebrate My bees came today! Now I'll be able to have fresh honey without having to pay those outragious prices! not to mention having bee's wax for candles! 'Course it'll take a while, since I only had enough money for one nuc. But it's a start! :))

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wow! :p

I just asked DH if he could handle bees here. He sure had to think about it for a bit before the lure of honey got the better of him and he said okay.

How did you get started? Is there a bee keeping 101 course somewhere?

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
Congratulations! We just got our hive in the mail- our nuc is scheduled for early June. I can't wait! I put the whole hive together and just left it in the entry room so I could look at it!

Here, the person I am buying the nuc from actually runs 4 (seasonal) classes for new beekeepers. And, he is the bee inspector for New Hampshire, so I figure he knows what he is doing (aside from the decades of experience!). I can't wait!

mchl

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
This bee hive thing is getting to me. I got some books, I read everything i can on it . a friend gave me 10 hive boxes. another friend says he's got a water heater full of bees I can have. dont know about that one yet. but i sure am getting interested.