my dream vehicles

AHappyChick

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
If I could have any vehicle that would make me feel truly prepared it would be a tank, but that is not an option. If money was no object I would have the following vehicles in my driveway.

Mercedes G-series AMG truck armor plated

the mobile home boat thing: http://www.rvtraveler.com/boatpic.html

and 2 dual sport bikes that run on oil or gas (I have seen them but cant find the site now)

Well those are my big 3 I would get first if I could there are others I would want but would be content with just the ones I mentioned lol, if only....

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Happy.... you are cracking me up. If my husband ever got my rv anywhere near that much water I would strangle him.

I am saving for a dual fuel lantern. I thought that would be a good addition to the emergency kit. lol :D

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL Happy---an armor plated truck.
whew....that is being prepared! to the max.

me, my wish vehicle if I could have one.......a Hummer!
I love them....while I know so many people hate them..LOL

Second is a newer, fancier, bigger, better, loaded 4X4 truck with 4 doors and DVD player and every bell and whistle! Not anytime soon on this one either. :(

ah, come on lottery. yea right?! :)

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I second that Hummer FC. My husband drools over the orginal H1's. I have actually seen the base models used. Pretty reasonably priced. I need to start playing the Lotto.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Gosh, I need to start thinking bigger. I was thinking dirt bike but like Tanks, I have to save for a lantern. I figure by the time I have enough disposable cash on hand to buy anything larger than that I won't be here to worry about it. :gig

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
My dream vehicle is a team of horses and a wagon/buggy! Oh! And a farm on which to keep the horses! :love

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
tanks

lol on the H1s....wow! I know.

at the store today a black H2 parked next to me....AHHHhhh to dream, to dream. I thought, man that lady has money, or very high car payments...HA HA

Even though I haven't priced an H2...probably not as bad as I am thinking...like $40s or so????

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have no idea what new cars a running. I avoid looking so I won't get too depressed. I have a mini van it's been through three kids and it shows. I have not had a car payment since 2003. I will drive my Honda forever if I can. I think the only thing I would love more is an alternative fuel vehicle. They just don't make them big enough for a family of 5, the dog and groceries etc... Then if we are ever lucky enough to move somewhere more rural we might need a 4 wheel drive. Ok so we need a 8 passenger, max cargo hold, fuel efficient or alternative fuel, 4 x 4. Humm who makes one of those?

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I hear ya. Try finding something that is the fuel efficient for 8 people plus an extra once in a while and groceries!! I think it has been since at least 2003 since we had a vehicle payment also!! We paid cash for our 15 pass and DH's Alero. I would have to say that my 15 pass Chevy Express is my dream vehicle and I actually get upset when DH drives it!! Afterall I don't like driving his go-cart (that is what I call his Alero because it is so small compared to my van!)

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
15 passenger. :bow
Ugg.. I would crash it. How is it on fuel? I guess with the prices coming down it should not be to bad.