My first trip to the gun range!!

ninny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well I finally made it out to our local range and it's a fun story! I decided that I wanted to throw Nebeel a surprise birthday party. Well I was thinking to myself what would be the best place to do this? The gun range of course! So I rented out the bb range to transform into a private banquet hall for a full course dinner and the lanes for the night. Private gun range and a decorated bb range make for a nice night out for a birthday party in our house. So my friend and I dressed up like the Stepford wives and served the guys dinner then we shot up the range with cake afterwards. It turned out very well. So not only did we have a good time I found out I am not a terrible shot. I used my Ruger Bearcat and rented a Glock 19. So I thought I would share my targets because well i'm kinda proud of them. It's hard to see on the .22 one but there is a head and a neck shot on it. By the end of my hour (before I had to serve the cake) I stopped both jerking on the trigger and closing my eyes. I also know now that little black dresses and high heels are not the best range outfit choices out there. I did read enough of my Cornered Cat book to know I should bring some flats for when we were shooting. The range ladies gave me a hankie for my neck. I had to laugh because it was hot pink which meant it matched my nails and my hair bow. I was styling at the gun range. The NRA instructor said if we called a head of time he would bring his Glock 26 down for me to use next time we go down. So I had fun and decided that I wouldn't mind hiring a babysitter and going once a week. Anyhow, here is my targets. In case you can't read the notes on them they say the caliber and how far. They were both at 10 yards. The one that in my oldest daughter's words, "look like I poked it with my pen" is the .22.

Could someone show me how to upload pictures I have uploaded from my phone please? I would like to show off the targets!

Edited to add: Nebeel is my husband.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I've never uploaded anything from a phone, just from the computer. So, I'm hoping it's the same.

Go to the top of the page where it says, Index, User list, Rules, etc to where it says Uploads. Click on uploads. A new tab will open up.

At the top it will say Select image to upload, then a bunch of info. Scroll down to where you see File w/a box under it and a "button" that says browse. Click on the browse button to find the pic you want to upload. Click on the "address" for that pic, then hit submit. The picture should upload. To post it, you can chose either thumbnail or image. The thumbnail will be a small pic, the other a bigger pic.

Hope this helps!

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What a fun birthday! I have gone to the range in a skirt. Fortunately, we get to use the prison range when it's not in use, so nobody was there except G and I, so I didn't have to worry about anyone seeing my hooch when I straddled the bench, in a very, very unlady-like fashion. Ah well. The guards at prison all had a laugh when they saw what I was wearing to go shooting, but my targets were enough to shut them up. :) I am the same way with fishing, I typically wear a skirt. Skirts are the best to wear fishing, IMO. If you get in, you're less likely to get a skirt or shorts wet. Shorts, however, have you ever worn wet denim shorts? Talk about chaffing... No worries there with a skirt. :) When I go by myself, many guys seem to think that broad in a skirt has no idea what she's doing, so they come up to try to teach me about fishing, until I bring in more/bigger fish than they do and then most of the time they shut up. :D Can't wait to see your targets... I am not good with a pistol at all. At 20 yards, I'm lucky to hit the target at all!!!

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we do our shooting here at the farm. but we have people come out to shoot and it is very funny to see my tiny 15 yr old daughter try to tell grown men gun safety, till they see her shoot! then most are afrade of her!! lol and the days we have people come out and she comes out in sponge bob or hello kitty pajama pants, well... :lol: but if your comfortable..

there is nothing like a (then 13) yr old girl in pink hello kitty pajama pants out-shooting a cocky 30 yr old from chicago! then telling him he better take some gun safety courses before he comes back.

ThrottleJockey

Power Conserver
Reaction score
The Cornered Cat website is fantastic! I recommend it to all the women I train and a lot of the "uneasy" men too! Sounds like you had a great time, wanna call my wife? My birthday is in two months...
http://www.corneredcat.com/

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
TJ, I clicked on your link, and it reminds me of something my karate instructor said in a class years ago. TV may show a woman beating up a guy, but that normally doesn't happen. Your best defense is to incapacitate your assailant enough to get away to a safe place.

ThrottleJockey

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
TJ, I clicked on your link, and it reminds me of something my karate instructor said in a class years ago. TV may show a woman beating up a guy, but that normally doesn't happen. Your best defense is to incapacitate your assailant enough to get away to a safe place.
There are tons of excellent articles and blog posts on all aspects of armed living and skills there...It is a goldmine of info for those new or uneasy about packing heat.