My Kitchen Aid

Jaxom22

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I inherited my mother's Kitchen Aid she bought around 1977. It was your typical 350a or something liks that everyone owned at the time.

I used this mixer quite extensively until December of 2012 when my family and I moved. I was using mostly for making some artisan bread from a recipe I found in Mother Earth News. When kneading the dough I noticed it was getting really hot. Almost too hot to touch. It has since been packed away until we have our own kitchen again. Should I send in for service? It isn't making any wierd noises. But it is nearly 40 years old!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I don't know that they could do anything for a 40 yo mixer! They'd probably tell you to buy a new one. :\

Jaxom22

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I was thinking perhaps it just needs the innards lubed up a bit. Still performs great, just gets hot! Oh, and since I've so many accessories, figure a new one (bigger) is on the want list.

Wanna get Kitchen Aid food processor first though.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This Danish Dough Wisk works very well for us when DH makes his artisan bread (I posted his recipe and method at http://www.sufficientself.com/threads/invention-of-sliced-bread.13931/page-2 )

danish-dough-whisks2.jpg

Latest posts