MY NEW HOME

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Whether you think of your pets as "children" or not, once you have adopted a pet (or a livestock animal for that matter), you have taken on responsibility for that animal's welfare for life. There are valid reasons for giving up an animal, but it should be approached with kindness and honor to the animal.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I'm so done with trying to find a house!!! Nothing I suggest to him is good enough for lots of different reasons so I hope we end up living out of the car for a whole fricking year cuz then he might realize I had suggested some nice places
Hopefully you are just venting here, and that's
cool.
Compromise is an important part of any relationship. Not going to offer any other advice... 😀

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hello all! I know I know I went silent again, SORRY! Trying to find a house, planning a wedding, waiting on a lawyer to contact me about a divorce, waiting on results from a DNA test was getting to me so I needed to step back from everything and recoup. Still trying to find a house, planning a wedding, waiting on lawyer but got results from the DNA test. I am 54% England & Northwestern Europe, 14% Scotland, 12% Scotland & Denmark, 9% Wales, 7% Ireland and 4% Norway. I still don't know who my biological father is but I have clues to 2nd cousins so I have messages out to them in the hope they can assist me at finding out who is my father.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Afternoon all! Well, we decided not to get the house from my FH boss seeing how the price got raised up out of our price range. We do have our sights set on a house not far from our current residence so let's hope we hear something soon. Right now the wedding plans are on hold due to my divorce from my first husband is taking longer than expected.
Yes, I changed my profile pic to one of my FH and myself. I'm going to have a crazy week this week seeing how later on this week I'm going to be doggy sitting 6 other dogs, kitty sitting 6 cats plus a bird (my neighbors are going to New York for a family reunion [NO ALL THE DOGS AREN'T IN ONE HOUSE-2 different houses but both houses are the same family]) and my FH has to go out of town for work purposes Wed, Thurs and come back Fri afternoon. Please don't think I'm moaning and complaining about the other animals seeing how I'm not because I've watched them before and I love being around them.

Last edited:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Yes there is! Believe me I would love to have chickens for the eggs instead of always having to buy them from FH co-worker at $4/doz but maybe in a few years we will be in a better spot so we can get a house out on a country road outside town limits so I can get chickens
Don't discount the possibility of keeping chickens on someone else's property. Sometimes older folks like to keep their properties in use even when they aren't able to keep up on things themselves.