My next project, probably a few of you that might be interested too!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Awesome! This is so timely. I was just thinking this morning that I can never find a used cider press . . . maybe I should try to build one? LOL

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
Awesome! This is so timely. I was just thinking this morning that I can never find a used cider press . . . maybe I should try to build one? LOL
this is exctly what i was thinking, and I really could use one. I have atwo wild apple trees that really produce good apples, some good enough for eating. But so much drops--you can only store up so much for the horses, and so much for apple sauce. etc.

With the talk about ACV, I thought it would be great, cuz it really defeats the purpose if you have to buy the cider to make ACV. So many uses for apples Now if I complete this SOON, I can use my abundance of natural apples--no pesticides etc.

jessejames

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
perfect!!!
i have been wanting to make one all summer. now i have no excuses. i would love to think that i could get it done in time for this years apples but i have a feeelinn that that may be a bit ambitious. please keep us posted.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Jesse, I suffer from procrastination syndrome as much as the next guy, and it is soo difficult to take on a project like that when hubby and I have sooooo many things that need to be done before snowfall. I would really like to get it done before this years apples are done----maybe if i had pressure.or obligations.... Or maybe I can build two at the same time and sell one at the Mt Forst sale in October.

Or maybe, and I think this one might work,..... I'll need something to keep my mind off the kids going back to school, that I need a project to distract me once they are gone.

( I really miss my kids when they go back to school--seriously--it's nice only for about two days.)

EEk, I haven't even started tomatoes yet this year!!!!!

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh wow. Fresh cider is the best! My grampa used to make cider and I miss it. All I can find here is fresh but pasteurized, blech.