Naming our farm?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
nightshade said:
okay so we have narrowed it down to 2 choices but I frankly can't decide so help me.

okay the first is

Humps 'n' Hollows Farms - Humps 'n' Hollows is what my dad had called the area since he was a kid

the second is

Midnite Country Farms - midnite country is the line of coon dogs my husband created up 10 years ago and is what all his pups ect have been named since (midnite country blah blah)

So what do you think?
I like Humps 'n' Hollows! :) Character!!!!
I go with the long term old timey names of places....to me that makes a farm be a real family name!

(even though it sounds "risk''e"----I still like it...............most people wouldn't think of it like that...HA HA HA)...but the old name your Dad called the land. I sure like it!!!

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Humps n the hollows sounds nasty to me! Your kids would have a hard time living that one down.
Go for the other.

Were working on a name for our place too.. it ain't easy.
In our parts places are called Ranches, not farms.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Midnite Country Farms...:thumbsup I like it!
Nameing your farm is hard. But, we named the farm before we found it! LOL I wanted Heavens Door Acres...for our rescue farm...then we found this place. PERFECT! A small country church across the road and up a little....then another on the backside of the property..( East and west) and the preachers house on the south side...the north is wide open fields! So, we sorta sit in a "halo" It just works for us! :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I brought my farm name to the forum also. I couldn't decide either and they helped me decide.....so Sweetwater it is!

I really love the part in Psalms 23 about how the Lord leadeth me beside still waters....but there are NO still waters in this land! And my well has the sweetest water around because it is spring fed.

So...Sweetwater it became! Its easy to say and sounds refreshing, so I went with it.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
All depends on how you pronounce Humps 'n Hollows. In NC we would be saying Hollers.

And it only sounds nasty cause of all the posts before it with the jokes.....if it was just H n H without the previous posts we wouldn't be thinking it was nasty..LOL-LOL

Our farm is T&K Farms (Tony and Karen) but Tony's father in law still calls the "whole" farm Clearview. On the top of the hill it has a clear view for miles! But I still like T&K....LOL