Need ideas for frozen strawberries

tinkarooni

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hi all. I have bags of frozen strawberries in my freezer, I cleaned them, washed them and froze them with no sweetening when my garden was exploding with them.

Anybody have any good ideas for using them up? We are all smoothied out. :D

Thanks

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Shoot.....I was going to say smoothies! That is what Hubby and I have for breakfast everyday. I can't even imagine being 'smoothied out'!!

Maybe bake up some strawberry bread? or just let them hang in the freezer until you ARE in the mood for a smoothie? :lol:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Jam, pies, smoothies, ice cream topping, strawberry shortcake...oh the list goes on and on!! I have some too and will be doing jam ;)

The_Realistic_Optimist

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I made muffins with mine and fed them to my very happy hubbie. Then I took a bunch of them over to a friend with a houseful of family in town for a funeral. I used the recipe I use for blueberry muffins but substituted quartered frozen strawberries instead of the blueberries.

tinkarooni said:
Hi all. I have bags of frozen strawberries in my freezer, I cleaned them, washed them and froze them with no sweetening when my garden was exploding with them.

Anybody have any good ideas for using them up? We are all smoothied out. :D

Thanks

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Yeah, jam and smoothies were my first thoughts too :p Also strawberry ice cream.

I've not had good luck in using frozen strawberries for pies, not even strawberry-rhubarb pies, although possibly there's just something I'm doing wrong there.

My best "other" suggestion would be: fruit salad. Tastes probably differ, but to me, the VERY BEST fruit salad is one that includes some thawed previously-frozen strawberries. They themselves can look a little funky but the taste they contribute is unique. This is how my Aunt Cinny always made fruit salad, once a year for Christmas, and you ought to try it. This time of year you can use apples, pears, bananas and any frozen or citrus fruit you happen to have lying around.

Pat

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
DAIQUIRIS!!!! :lol:

I used to pick about 10lbs of strawberries every July Fourth, for two reasons only: strawberry shortcake & strawberry daiquiris - yum!!:love

urban dreamer

I wanna farm
Reaction score
i_am2bz said:
DAIQUIRIS!!!! :lol:

I used to pick about 10lbs of strawberries every July Fourth, for two reasons only: strawberry shortcake & strawberry daiquiris - yum!!:love
X2 :lol: :gig

My pick- strawberry cake! YUMMMMMM :drool

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I have an abundance of blackberries, but I would do the same thing with strawberries if I had them.

I thaw them out with a bit of sugar mixed in, then serve them up with some freshly made whipped cream, sometimes I add chocolate sprinkles on top.
Sometimes we layer them in a big glass with the whipped cream. Looks very classy. ;)

Sometimes I add cocoa to the whipped cream.

I also love berries with yogurt.

Latest posts