New "Bee" Article on MSNBC...depressing

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Between all the weird weather and now a possible bee problem, you have to wonder what the food supply will be like this year.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow, as I read through that article, I found this...
A study published Friday in the scientific journal PLOS (Public Library of Science) One found about three out of five pollen and wax samples from 23 states had at least one systemic pesticide a chemical designed to spread throughout all parts of a plant.
And thought...Monsanto!!
This is truely a scary situation...no bees...no polinateing.....no food.

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
It is a little bit scary. People can't see that pesticides could potentially be killing off things that we need, like bees? I really hope that honey bees aren't the next extinct species.

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Bayer Crop Science started petitioning the agency to approve a new pesticide for sale in 2006. After reviewing the company's studies of its effects on bees, the EPA gave Bayer conditional approval to sell the product two years later, but said it had to carry a label warning that it was "potentially toxic to honey bee larvae through residues in pollen and nectar."... The product is intended to disrupt the mating patterns of insects that threaten citrus, lettuce and grapes.
that is disgusting. i just don't understand how the EPA, who are well aware of the MAJOR problems facing honeybees today, would EVER approve, even provisionally, a product that they insist COULD be toxic to honeybees... MORONS.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
yep. but hey i guess it would be corn porridge for all our friends?? one of the few things that doesnt need bees? say maybe thats their global domination plan... hum...yikes!

our bees made it - whew! but no one has hives for sale around here...most of the local folks dont have extras. we are hoping to get a swarm off the hive at the old farm when it divides.

but for now we are treating our bees like kings...er...queens... um. whatever. they are at the tops of our list!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
bibliophile birds said:
They( the EPA) aren't Morons.......they are simply GREEDY. BAYER and other large corporations money is what gets their attention and gets the crap like this passed.
This country needs a revolt. A real, down and dirty, fighting in the streets,burning of corporate buildings kind of revolt.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
A real, down and dirty, fighting in the streets,burning of corporate buildings kind of revolt.
sure i'm with you! lets ride!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
It will the 218th anniversary of guillotine this April 25th. Just sayin' :D