New idea for cukes

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
This is from Gourmet mag. I have not tried it but it looks yummy!
re-chilled-mango-n-cucumber-soup-608.jpg

CHILLED MANGO AND CUCUMBER SOUP
MAKESABOUT 7 CUPS
ACTIVE TIME:30 MIN START TO FINISH:45 MIN

A chunky mango-cucumber soup spiked with lime juice and cilantro is a light first course that requires no cooking.
2 mangoes, peeled and pitted (2 pounds total)
2 seedless cucumbers (usually plastic-wrapped; 1 1/2 pounds total) (or just seed a regular cucumber)
3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, or to taste
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Finely chop 1 mango and 1 cucumber and set aside. Coarsely chop remaining mango and cucumber and pure with 1/4 cup water in a blender until almost smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in finely chopped mango and cucumber, onion, lime juice, and 2 cups cold water. Place bowl in a larger bowl of ice and cold water and stir until cool.
Just before serving, stir in cilantro and 1 1/4 teaspoons salt.
COOKS NOTE: Soup can also be chilled in the refrigerator until cold, but it will take about 2 hours.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Wow, that looks wonderful! I like small pickling cukes in this type of thing, too, as the skins are so tender. It is easy to seed the larger ones, too, just quarter them lengthwise and cut off the seeds....for your chickens, of course!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I want that right now!

It looks so refreshing and delicious. :drool Cukes are a plenty right about now for most folks sept me. :( Next year!!