New Rabbit Section at Back Yard Herds!

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Be brave! Those cute, little, fuzzy-wuzzy creatures are TASTY! hehehe

Hey, you could always get someone to do the dirty deed for you, then you take over once they are caput. They aren't so cute when they aren't quivering their whiskers at you.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Doing the deed is really not that bad, honest!! but, if it will be aconcern, see if you have a processor nearby who will do them for you, then have all your does due at the same time, and bring them in to be done.

'comeon over to the darkside--get rabbits!!!!! They are fun and tasty!!!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Miss TheNorth is right!

If any of your local county fairs have rabbits, ask the person with the most if they or their parents butcher rabbits, and go from there, I know in our area that would work very well.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
Miss TheNorth is right!

If any of your local county fairs have rabbits, ask the person with the most if they or their parents butcher rabbits, and go from there, I know in our area that would work very well.
Hey that is a GREAT idea!!

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I remember the first time I did it. I killed them with a blow to the head then I cried my eyes out while processing them. Now it isn't so bad, now that I've gotten more used to it.

Nikki28

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I am hoping my New Zealands actually got pregnant this time. I've had them for so long with no production I'm beginning to think I have some outside pets that I spend alot of money on and look at. I can't wait to finally get some babies!

Latest posts