"New" Stove

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Some of you may remember the "antique" stove the we purchased a while back. It was constructed using an original 1800's wood stove cast for the mold for the stove. While on first glance it is hard to distinguish it apart from a real antique, and that it works great, it is rather small. We have had a struggle when cooking for times when we have a house full of guests. The antique stove is below.

CountryCharmStove.jpg

Recently we came across the stove of my wife's dreams. It's used, approximately six months old, but it was in decent shape and being sold at a fraction of the original cost. It has five burners, and two convection ovens. The control knobs are down side of the stove. This is a plus since my wife is short and reaching for rear knobs can be hazardous, and she always seemed to bump the knobs on our old stove, which were across the front .

The only problem turned out to be that four of the five orifices, used to reduce the gas flow to the burners for propane use, must have vibrated free during transport and were lost. It made for quite an interesting display when we first tried it out. Oh well, off to the appliance store tomorrow for some new orifices. Until then, I bet we could bring my 120 quart stock pot to a boil. Now, if I only had some seafood to boil...

NewStove.jpg

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
:ep

Congratulations! Aside from that "small problem", it appears to be a great buy! I do like the look of the older stoves though. :D

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Nice looking stoves. My folks had an old woodburnign stove. We used it extensively growing up. It was a wonderfull backup for those many times the power went out. We always had a pot of water on the stove for tea.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:ep
FIRE!
FIRE!

wow...gotta get those parts definitely!

time to roast marshmellows :)