New Zealand quake!!!

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
TanksHill said:

Any info????
A tsunami warning has been issued for New Zealand after a magnitude 7.8 earthquake struck in the Pacific Ocean north of the country.The quake hit at 12:03 p.m. local time about 161 kilometres east of Raoul Island in the remote Kermadec Islands.The quake's epicentre was about 913 km south of Nuku'alofa in Tonga.The Kermadec Island and Tonga are also covered by the tsunami warning.

.....NEW YORK, N.Y. - A powerful magnitude-7.8 earthquake rattled New Zealand's remote Kermadec Islands in the Pacific Ocean, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.

The Kermadec Islands are a remote outpost that are generally uninhabited aside from a weather station and a hostel for visiting New Zealand scientists.

The 7:03 a.m. Thursday (1903 GMT Wednesday) quake was 29.8 miles (48 kilometres) deep, the USGS said. No tsunami alert was issued.

The Kermadecs are about 570 miles (920 kilometres) south of Tonga, the nearest major island.

Hope this helps.
//BT//
Trim sends

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I hate to hear that, I have a friend who lives near Churchchrist or Christchurch NZ. My heart goes out to them all. NZ has been hammered lately.

Neko-chan

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Christchurch has been hammered lately, yeah. I am sure we'll hear about it later when the news is on.