Nightime Solar Cooking

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Here's some interesting info about a solar oven that "stores latent heat to allow cooking times for up to an amazing twenty five hours at temperatures above 450 degrees Fahrenheit". It's not available yet, but if it comes on the market at even a half way reasonable price, I can see me saving up for one.

S

sunsaver

I'd love read the patent app on that. Too little info in the article to really understand how it works. Maybe some improvements could be made, more affordable heat storage chemicals, etc. Sounds promising.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Glad I went to the link. Interesting. I'm with SS, a more affordable heat storage capability would be an important improvement, especially for any third world application.

rubyluise

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Somewhere i heard about the nighttime solar cooking. It is good process to cook with solar power but I didn't find any single product design for it. I am waiting desperately that to use solar cooking without the use of home heating device or water heater energy. Obviously It gaining lots of popularity that people getting new invention.