No More Forums!

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Rob, you've got to stop. I can't keep up with all of your great forums. Thank goodness I don't have room for cows! :gig

BYC is a real butt seizer, nevermind TEG, and now this one has me glued to it, too. I need to get outside!!! :lol:

If you start one for beekeeping I'm getting rid of my computer!

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I know it! My husband the other day asked me, "When's he gonna do backyard pigs?" and I was like SHUT IT, MISTER!

Cassandra

:lol:

amyquilt

Power Conserver
Reaction score
The great thing is there's members on each different forum that might not be on the others (yet) = new friends!!

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
You guys are too funny!

Things are coming together very nicely. In the beginning I expect there to be a lot of duplication in members, but in time I think each will have its own personality.

The main reasons we have different forums instead of "one size fit all":

1) We don't want to dilute the beauty and purpose of each site and community. Having chickens, gardening, cows, sufficient living, etc. in one place is just too much. "one size fits all" just doesn't fit all! ;)

2) In time I expect there to be people interested in one topic (example, gardening) that may not be interested in chickens or sufficient living. Having a specific topic allows people to find their own space and feel comfortable.

Again, thanks for the nice comments (I think they were nice?) ;)

BTW, I do have another forum that I started a VERY long time ago... before I was involved with BYC. I don't mention it much because it isn't really related to these topics. It is my printer forum. Actually, now that I think about it, it does tie in well with this site because a lot of it has to do with refilling inkjet cartridges (saving money and the environment).

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Nifty said:
Again, thanks for the nice comments (I think they were nice?) ;)
Of course they were! :lol:

BTW, I do have another forum that I started a VERY long time ago... before I was involved with BYC. I don't mention it much because it isn't really related to these topics. It is my printer forum. Actually, now that I think about it, it does tie in well with this site because a lot of it has to do with refilling inkjet cartridges (saving money and the environment).
Uh-oh, bad link.....

Joebwe25

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Hey nifty, you need to make another forum. Backyard Birds> For attracting birds to your yard. People could talk about what birdseed they use, and hey, I could be a moderator!!!
I know a lot about attracting birds and what they like to eat and all that stuff!!!
This actually is a suggestion! Well, maybe not me being a mod, but all the other stuff!

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Joebwe25 said:
Hey nifty, you need to make another forum. Backyard Birds> For attracting birds to your yard. People could talk about what birdseed they use, and hey, I could be a moderator!!!
I know a lot about attracting birds and what they like to eat and all that stuff!!!
This actually is a suggestion! Well, maybe not me being a mod, but all the other stuff!
Suggestion(s) noted! ;)