Not Happy with SS?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
What do you NOT LIKE about SS lifestyle?

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
I wish I could do more. I don't have the proper tools to build things, for example.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Being completely SS seems like and unattainable goal! Like a race I will never be able to finish. I hate feeling like it is always out of my grasp!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I don't like sitting on the fence. I usually like to jump into things with both feet. It's very hard for me to try and be SS while dealing with the everyday challenges of suburban life.

I guess the only thing about being SS is that I am not. Like Pam said it feels like I will never get there.

Maybe we need to call ourselves A.S.S's Almost Self Sufficient. :hide

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:yuckyuck
As above: Chicken little comments. Feeling like I'll never get anywhere. Knowing that virtually none of my friends or relatives are prepared, even for a few days of emergency. That gives me mixed feelings, I vary between "Don't expect me to feed all of you!" to "At least I have enough to share some."

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
It is work intensive and possibly not a lifestyle long term into the elderly years.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Maybe I'm in the honeymoon phase of the SS life, not where the rest of ya'll are, but I honestly can't come up with something I don't like.

We were forced into being SS. We didn't choose it. But, as a result, I've found we've a stronger family bond, my husband and I have learned to work well together, my kids are happy and healthy, and right now I'm looking out my window by my desk watching about a 100 or so chickens and two turkeys giving chase around my yard and I feel so overwhelmingly blessed and rich!

:love

I'm sorry, I love it all!