Nourishing Traditions and other Recipes for a Better Health

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I just wanted to send a shout-out to BubblingBrooks, FreeMotion, Wifezilla, Abifae, and the others too numerous to mention on this site for their nutritional-related advice.

I just opened my shipping package that contained my new copy of the Nourishing Traditions Cookbook! :ya

I need to make some serious food choice and lifestyle changes for me and the family and that process officially begins October 1st (although it has "unofficially" started already. The "dabbling" needs to be converted to some major renovations to reach some specific goals..

Thank you for the inspiration and wish me/us luck!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Feel free to come here for group therapy when you get overwhelmed when you read the book! I was at first. Of course, you've had some months to preview its contents and ideas here on this forum. Do read it cover to cover, except all the recipes, of course. Read the opening pages and the chapters, and all the sidebars. It will be very eye-opening. Lotsa science in that little book.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Woot! :cool:
NT is an awesome book.
One tip - don't let NT overwhelm you. That book is so chock full of info that you will be finding new things even a year from now.

edit : Free and I posted at the same time :D

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
:lol: that's why I enjoy being here on this site!

I think I'll be cool with the science and details, the challenge is going to be convincing the family to expand their culinary horizons.

I will be coming here for therapy and advice. :D

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have had my copy for a long while now. I am still overwhelmed. I look forward to following your progress.

G

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
** Doctor Zilla adjusts glasses, takes out notebook and grabs a freshly sharpened pencil **

"You can use the couch if you wish, or the comfy chair. Either way sit down, relax, take a deep breath, and tell me what is on your mind."

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
colowyo0809 said:
So, what is this book exactly? Some sort of SS bible or something?
Real nutrition. Traditional Foods, and the science behind it.

I actually recommend reading Dr Prices book first, Nutrition and Physical Degeneration. Part of it can be read here... http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks02/0200251h.html
It will set a much better basis for why we need real food.
Very visual. And very good at convincing family and friends to give it try.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
It's more like a healthy kitchen bible :D

Shows the traditional ways to prepare foods that boost nutrition and reduces things like phytic acids that actually rob your body of nutrition.

Since most commercial foods do not properly prepare beans and grains, eating them slowly makes you ill.

Latest posts