Nourishing Traditions

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I just got a copy and I"m bringing it with me on my trip to New York (going to Cornell in Ithaca for an Herb Society Gathering). I'm looking forward to reading it - what I've read so far is right in line with Michael Pollan's 'nutritionism' that he talks ab out in his two books.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Your trip sounds like a very enlightening one. Can't wait for you to get back and tell us all about it.
This is an area I have only slightly explored and really want to learn more about. But with my schedule right now I just have not had much time to do a lot of looking and reading.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I've had my copy for a couple of weeks and I love it. I'm bringing it on my trip to Lake Placid!
Enjoy your reading and your trip. I'm looking forward to discussing the book when we get back! Thanks for starting the thread. :D

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
The Herb Society Gathering sounds as exciting as the book! I'd love to hear about that when you return. :)

I'm still working my way through the book. I stop and try a recipe or two before reading further. So far so good. Now that garden produce is ripening I'll be able to go crazy. :p

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I got the book last week(I think) through inter-library loan. I love it! It backs up with science things I've known instinctively for years now. For example, I quit buying margarine about 6 years ago and moved to real, honest butter. And the ideas on modern veganism back up some personal experience with several people I know. I've learned a lot from the book too.

That sounds like a sweet trip reinbeau.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Enjoy the trip and the book.

I am still 10th in line to get it from my Library. 2 copies have been languishing on the hold shelves, so I may just line jump!!!

:p

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Have fun on your trip! I have the book and got a good start, but I have just been so busy that I have not made time to read!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I think that has to do with eating WAY too much soy. Well, pretty much any soy is too much soy. :/