Now I'm scared all over again - Now I'm confused too

SheriM

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Okay, so now I'm confused. I got to see the test results from the biopsy done before the mastectomy and it clearly states this is a recurrence. According to my surgeon, if it was a recurrence I most likely wouldn't need chemo, but even my GP agrees that if the oncologist has ordered an echocardiogram, it's because he wants to do chemo. The pathology report from the specimen recovered during the mastectomy doesn't say specifically "recurrence" but it doesn't say it isn't either.

So, I guess it's good news that it's a recurrence, but the news doesn't change anything. Now I won't know anything for certain till May 8th when I see the oncologist. The timing of that appointment has to be some kind of royal cosmic joke, because there's a huge bird and exotic animal sale on the 4th that I've been looking forward to for months. Now, I'll have to go to the sale without knowing if I'm going to be in any shape to take on something new like chickens.

But that stubborn streak of mine is kicking in big time. I am going to go to that sale and enjoy myself immensely. If I see some birds I really can't pass up, I'm gonna get 'em anyway. I'll just have to make sure I don't go overboard and only get a couple. :)

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Sheri, you buy those birds and you make plans, you'll get through this and be around for a long, long time! :hugs

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Woodland Woman, I have read and reread your post...very helpful information, thank you.

Sheri,

My heart goes out to you and your family. (This strikes a chord in me because I just lost a very, very good friend in April to cancer.)

I also wish I could be there to help. With Lil, we shopped for her and helped her prepare for Thanksgiving for her family, something she really wanted to do.

My mother also got cancer witin the last 4 years. She had to have chemo. Cancer has been in remission since. She is a vegetarian and a very helthy eating vegetarian. That is why I was so interested in what woodland woman had to say. I am POSITIVE when I say that is what kept my mother's breast cancer at bay.

HANG IN THERE!!!!:thumbsup We are all thinking about you.

P.S. Did you get any birds?