Nuggetsowner:) Journal Entries

Nuggetsowner:)

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hello to all! It has been so fun to read these journal entries and get to know everyone a litlle more!

I live in Minnesota, with my DH and three great boys. We live on one acre of land but own 42 more that we have a small cabin on just a few miles away on the river bottom. We do our best to live responsibly and as self-sufficiently as we can. Not to mention as cheaply as we can as well. We have 16 chickens at the moment, and three hunting labs.

I thought it would be fun to answer the questions from the list, but like so many others I am going to pick and choose the ones I like!

01. Name? Candus
02. Gender? Female
03. Disneyworld or Disneyland? Never been to either.
04. What is your favorite color? I like pink and green
05. What is your favorite kind of gum? I don't chew gum
06. How much do you weigh? You should never ask a lady this question!
07. How tall are you? The exact same height as my DH!
08. Can you swim? Yes
09. Do you like to swim? Yes
12. Favorite board game? Risk
13. Favorite magazine? Countryside and Grit
14. Favorite Actor? Don't have one
15. Favorite Actress? Don't have one
17. Favorite smells? Grandma's house at Christmas
18. Least favorite smells? Lutefisk - not sure I spelled that right
19. Favorite sound? Quiet
20. Do you prefer pools or oceans? Ocean
21. Do you watch Buffy The Vampire Slayer? No
22. Pencil or pen? Extra Fine Point Sharpie Marker
24. Would you like to own a motorcycle? I do!
25. Do you sing in the shower? Yes
26. Who's the best looking Disney character? Donald Duck
27. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning? Go to the bathroom - sorry but you asked!
28. How many rings before you answer the phone? I hate to answer the phone, my boys usually get it
32. Would you ever go bungee-jumping? No! But I would like to try skydiving!
33. Do you like dressing up? Dressing up in costumes or dressing up in fancy clothes??
35. Do you enjoy reading? I love it!
36. What book are you reading now? I am actually between books!
37. Favorite books? I like to read many kinds of books, but I must say that I really enjoyed reading the Harry Potter Series and I also like books written by Lois Lowry such as The Giver.
38. What was the last movie you saw? Indiana Jones - the most recent one.
43.What's your biggest fear? Spiders
45. Future child's name? We are done having children.
46. Favorite foods? Chinese and Mexican
47. Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate
49. Storms - cool or scary? Both
50. Do you like to dance? No
52. Do you smoke? No
54. Do you drink? On occasion
55. Favorite drink? Beer
57. Do you eat the stems of broccoli? I don't like broccoli
58. If you could have any job you wanted, what would it be? I love my job! I teach special ed elementary students
60. Do you bite your nails? Yes, terribly and I have tried everything to stop. Any ideas?!?!
61. Any siblings? There are 3 boys and 3 girls in our family I am the oldest girl
66. Do you procrastinate? Yes
67. Do you believe in fate? Yes
68. Who's your favorite Sesame Street character? Oscar the Grouch
69. Do you organize your CD's? No
70. What is your favorite kind of music? I like lots of different music, from county to rock to classical
74. Who do you admire the most? My father
79. Glasses or contacts? Neither
80. What color are your eyes? Brown
81. What is your natural hair color? Light Brown
82. But what color is it now? The same
83. Have you ever been in love? I still am
84. Any pets? A yellow lab, a black lab, and a chocolate lab
87. Do you type with your fingers on the right keys? Yes
88. What's under your bed? Storage
90. Favorite sport to watch? Hockey

Edited to fix the little silly mistakes because I can't type!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Grandma's house at Christmas....oh do i remember those days! Thanks for the memory...gosh there was always about 150 of us there...grandmas ("Memere" actually, we are a big french family) house was mostly kitchen, it had to be. And an old wood cookstove in the back porch that was fired up for turkey and ham at Christmas...

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Do you plan on moving to your cabin or is it just your "place to get away"?

Ewww...spiders. I forgot about those on my list. I hate spiders.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Bout time, Nugget!! Where you been, girl? :)

I want to go skydiving also!!! People think yer nuts when you tell them that! I would also love to learn how to surf, go whitewater rafting, and deep sea fishing.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Hello Nugget.

Skydiving.....Not on my list of things to do. LOL
I can not imagine jumping out of a perfectly good air plane.

What kind of bike do you have? Do you ride a lot?

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hello again!!

Morelcabin-My Grandmother's was my absolute favorite place to be. My childhood was not the greatest but you were always safe at Grandma and Grandpa's house. My Great Grandmother lived with them as well and she only spoke swedish. I used to listen to her and my Grandmother talking and working in the kitchen for hours. I had no idea what they were saying, but I didn't need to. I sure miss them. My Grandmother passed away just a few years ago. The holidays are still really hard. I am going to try to make Krumkake and Rosettes (sp) this year. Last year I got out the equipment and just could not do it. This year I am determined!!

Punkin - Our cabin is very small and very rustic. No running water, no electricity, just a shell. But we love it. No we will not ever be there permanently but hope to find that perfect spot to build another little rustic cabin someday. Maybe just not that rustic!

Hey Bee maybe we could plan a trip together??? Yes I would love to skydive, it has always been on my list of to do's. That and white water rafting down the Colorado River. You up for it?

2dream - I have a Sportster. DH has a Fatboy. We ride as much as we can but with the business we are in, it is not as much as we would like!

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sorry Pioneergirl - I hit the submit button a little too soon I guess!! Thanks so much for the welcome back. I am glad things are starting to settle down. I have missed alot and I just keep reading and learning and reading and learning! I love it! I even sneaked on during my lunch hour at work today. I did not post but I checked in!!:caf

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
You have labs!! Best dog we had was a black lab named Shadow. My daughter got him for her birthday last March! (her birthday is actually in April, she got him as an early gift). He followed her everywhere. Such a good dog he was! Sadly, someone stole him from our yard when he was 6 mos old. First pure lab we ever had, too.

We now have a lab mix named Maggie. She's sweet, but no one can replace Shadow!