Null Says Organic Gardeni will be resticted and driven out of existenc

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
BS! Most of the "supplements" brought the FDA down on themselves by making drug like claims. The claims may be true or false, I am not going to get sucked into that arguement. When you make a claim you are expected to prove it. There are two parts to the proof, safety and effectiveness and they must be proven in that order. Many items are safe and that part is fairly quick and cheap to get approval to go to the next step. Proving something really works pretty much calls for a double blind multiperson clinical trial. These are not cheap and often take years. getting people for these trials is hard except in extream cases. Sure if I had an untreatable [conventional medicine] condition I would try any thing but in a simple clinical trial there is only a 50% chance that I would get the new material rather than a sugar pill or a shot of salt water.
Because so many supplements are !00% natural there are no deep pockets to pay for the required testing.
It is a huge leap from there to the claim that organic gardening will be restricted and driven out of existance. I would think the worse case that could happen was preventing the sale of organic produced goods and in fact the trend is in the opposite direction. organic sales are booming and more and more pesticides are being banned. Remember pot has been outlawed for years but production keeps growing. [there is a dealer in town that is now offering organic pot for only 150% of the going price for regular pot] ~gd

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
C'mon now! How is anyone going to monitor what or how you work your garden? This is preposterous attempt to scare folks.
On the other hand, I did watch the "Thrivemovement" video and it was very good because it offered real solution, not just complaint. The trick is "getting folks to do it!"
YMMV
Trim sends
//BT//

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ugh. I saw something mentioning the "milk man" who was "forced" to stay in his cell full of sewage. That irritates me, as I've read the story on it and it's a bunch of BS. I'm sorry, but when a fully capable man craps all over his cell or clogs his toilet intentionally to create a disgusting and biohazardous mess, they SHOULD be forced to clean it up or sit in it if they refuse. Prison is basically what you make of it. You're in there for a reason, and if you decide to be a full out moron about it, of course you won't be treated very well. Anything with bodily fluids is huge... The officers who come in contact with it have to go and take antiviral pills and fill out lengthy incident reports and get tested and all kinds of things, because it's a state liability for those workers who might be in danger of catching something from some filthy, rotten bastard who acts more like an animal than a human.

And, I AGREE with the FDA. They are here to keep us safe. We may not completely agree with them, but thanks to our wonderful country, we have the choice to raise our own food at home, buy organics, buy locally grown foods or just about anything else. There are all kinds of natural herbal supplements on the market. They are not tested (because it's not efficient for companies to do so) so they must contain a label, otherwise any random person could start selling bottles of horse sh*t pills and tell you that they're wonder drugs.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Icu4dzs said:
C'mon now! How is anyone going to monitor what or how you work your garden? This is preposterous attempt to scare folks.
On the other hand, I did watch the "Thrivemovement" video and it was very good because it offered real solution, not just complaint. The trick is "getting folks to do it!"
YMMV
Trim sends
//BT//
Hey Trim isn't that always the problem? Frankly I am getting sick of people trying to ram their 'solution' down me. If it is really good it will sell in the marketplace of ideas~ gd.