Off The Grid Living.......Water.

country freedom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I posted this on BYC.........and posting here, also.
I can't seem to find any info online anywhere......maybe I am wording myself wrong.

Water Retaining System and Storage.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
What is it exactly your trying to do? If your going completely off grid, then you will need a well with a hand pump. A solar powered pump or a wind driven pump if the well is to deep for a hand pump. A cistern can be used for water storage.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
country freedom said:
I posted this on BYC.........and posting here, also.
I can't seem to find any info online anywhere......maybe I am wording myself wrong.

Water Retaining System and Storage.
Yes DragonLady has a good link, you are looking for " rain water harvesting " <- just click here.

country freedom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
What is it exactly your trying to do? If your going completely off grid, then you will need a well with a hand pump. A solar powered pump or a wind driven pump if the well is to deep for a hand pump. A cistern can be used for water storage.
lol!
Yes, we are very close to moving, this month if all goes well, completely off grid.
Yes, a well, wind power, solar power, wood stove, back-up generator, and several more goodies included.

Water Retention System and Storage is there also - I just want to read up on info about this.

Thank you all for responding and excellent info on this subject!

country freedom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thank you! :D

Going off grid has been a dream of mine for a few years, since we had a bad storm.....electric went out for a few days, and I was the only person who actually enjoyed going about my activities with a candle, and oil lamplight in the dining room.

My children did learn after the first night, to get everything they need ready for the next day BEFORE it got too dark to see by daylight. HAHAHA!