Oklahoma Storms

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The news is so horriffic. The death toll goes up with every report. My heart goes out to each an everyone who has been touched by this tragedy. I'm praying for all the families who are dealig with this disaster.

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My daughter and her baby are fine, her husband is out of town. She has power and cell service so we can keep in touch. She lives in Norman and is fortunate enough to have a tornado shelter that was installed last September, for the last 2 days the shelter has been well used. Prayers for the people of Moore.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I cannot even imagine living in an area like that. Praying for the families of all involved.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Frustratedearthmother and I both live in hurricane country. We get lots of notice and have time to get ready. Tornadoes are a part of that too, just to add to the general misery. What happened in Oklahoma, was very little warning. There is no way to prepare a week or days ahead of a massive tornado. If my house was leveled like what I am seeing on TV, then all my carefully stored canned goods, jellies, dehydrated foods, extra essentials--EVERYTHING WOULD BE GONE. just gone. gone.

God bless the people that have lost their belongings. Even though it is just stuff, homes, furniture and such, it can be hard to start over and some people never get to where they were before. For the people who lost family members or friends, I can't even begin to imagine. For the parents who lost children, the pain will never go away. The empty hole in their lives will never be filled. My heart goes out to them.

Latest posts