tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Seems that every year I get a ways into the growing season and then find seed packet that I should have started in February. How do you organize seed to get everything planted in the right way at the right time?

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am in the same boat--I do the exact same thing but I always seem to have more than enough to harvest and eat so I am not sure it is such a horrible thing. My plan this year is to put it on the calendar--actually write it in and set flag reminders (yep old school paper calendar here). Hopefully this will help. I have a friend that puts them in envelopes with the months labelled for when to start.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I went through the seeds I have yesterday and made a pile/list of those that I NEED to get into the ground this spring, those that I would like, and then those that would be a dream. That seems to have helped with feeling like planning could be more manageable and that I don't need to find "room" for something that my family might not eat/enjoy.

From here I will draw up my plans, decide if expansion is needed and then I might make a separate plot for "fun/experimenting" if I have the time/space/energy/HELP (that is a huge one here--i am SS on my own a lot)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I do theory much better than practice, lol!

i think about it a lot, often right before a nap, i wake up feeling refreshed and of course completely forget about whatever it might have been in mind before.

note i do make progress here or there. it's just not linear or consistent.