Osage Oranges

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Just talked to her... she is totally willing. :) If you are serious we will have to pack some in a box and figure out how much shipping will cost. If you are willing to pay the shipping they can be yours! :cool:

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :bow :bow :bow

if you can figure out the weight and dimensions of the box i can figure how much the shipping will be, and then give you my fedex shipping acct number :) that way it charges my card directly through that and everythings good!
I work for FedEx Office, but we also do the FedEx shipping stuff so I get discount :D I just need to make sure they get my employee discount on my acct number so that works even better for me.

Thank you thank you thank you!!

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
There are directions for making these hedges in this issue of Mother Earth News. Even my husband was interested in it. We really don't have the room for one, but they are interesting. Good luck.

I have an oil lamp with a base of turned Osage orange wood. It's a beautiful shade of yellow.

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
KC, yeah, thats where I got the idea. we were trying to figure out what to do for a privacy screen, but really this would probably work as well :D

koxxx, i'm aware of this, but i'd rather get them from here in colorado, but baring that from someone i've at least talked to once, even just on the computer :) besides, this way all i'm paying for is shipping, which is nice, and someone gets rid of some of their pesky fruit, and its all good! but thanks for the suggestion!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
colowyo0809 said:
:hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :bow :bow :bow

if you can figure out the weight and dimensions of the box i can figure how much the shipping will be, and then give you my fedex shipping acct number :) that way it charges my card directly through that and everythings good!
I work for FedEx Office, but we also do the FedEx shipping stuff so I get discount :D I just need to make sure they get my employee discount on my acct number so that works even better for me.

Thank you thank you thank you!!
We will get it done. It might take a few days however. My dad had a surgery today and even though it was supposed to be out patient they ended up keeping him. For the next few days I imagine that we will be a bit nuts. :/

I will PM you when we are ready to roll for more info.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
It was just a hernia surgery, but now he has had some minor complications. Should be going home tomorrow or the next day.

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hope everything works out well too.

If it turns out too crazy for you and you can't get it out, I can always send you some. I didn't check which of us is better suited to your climate. I'm central TX.

Not sure when is a good time to collect. Most of the fruit has fallen, and quite a bit of it is darkening. None of my annals eat the fruit. The bucklings tried, but they all ignore it now.

I'm not sure how I feel about it for dye. I'm FINALLY getting clear of the stains on my hands from the green pecan hulls. ;). I don't remember anymore how long ago that was but it was a long time. The Osage orange has a sticky milky sap, but doesn't seem to stain so badly. :).

Send me a pm if I can help you with seeds. I don't always have time to visit here these days.

I hope they work well for you. If you want them to work as fences, you may have to plant them VERY thickly. People may be slow to walk through them, but they are not so effective at restraining goats. ;)

Good luck with it. :).

Latest posts