Our PMs, not exactly PRIVATE are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I've noticed that some things in my PM box have been changed. Considering that I sell on here, some peoples' addresses and full names have been in my box and my full name and address has been in others' PM boxes, I'm a little concerned that apparently our PMs are open for other people to access. I don't feel that this is safe at all. What's up with that?! I'm actually quite a bit upset about this. We feel a sense of security in our PM box (err, well, I USED to) and assumed that it was a safe place to exchange addresses and such, considering that you have a BST section here. Why even bother with PMs anymore, might as well post our full names and addresses right here for everyone in the world to see!!!

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
You too huh? My PM's have been read and changed as well. Just another reason this forum is going down the crapper.

Hey Nifty,
Maybe you should have a disclaimer that says the P in PM does not mean PRIVATE. This is just one more reason not to come here. Please delete my account, post and everything else associated with my user name.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I haven't noticed anything, but then again, I don't have many PMs w/that type of info. If I need to exchange that kind of info, I prefer to do it by e-mail.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Found that out a looooonnnnng time ago when a rogue mod was causing trouble and mentioning things that had only been discussed via PM. Other mods denied that this would/could happen but the proof was in black and white, so I lost all faith in that claim way back then.

Nothing's private on the internet, folks, even if it bears the title of "private". It's all an illusion..... :)

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Found that out a looooonnnnng time ago when a rogue mod was causing trouble and mentioning things that had only been discussed via PM. Other mods denied that this would/could happen but the proof was in black and white, so I lost all faith in that claim way back then.

Nothing's private on the internet, folks, even if it bears the title of "private". It's all an illusion..... :)
Another illusion, shattered.
:barnie

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I can shatter some more for ya, if you aren't shocked enough! :D I've had many illusions shattered of late and I'm still reeling from the shock of it all...but glad I know. But still wishing I didn't....but am more prepared now to see things for what they are~ instead of what I want them to be.

But these things have nothing to do with the forum... :p

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
*Sigh* I just feel like I've been violated, as well as anyone who has sent me their addresses via PM here. I know I'll certainly not be doing *that* again.

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I can shatter some more for ya, if you aren't shocked enough! :D I've had many illusions shattered of late and I'm still reeling from the shock of it all...but glad I know. But still wishing I didn't....but am more prepared now to see things for what they are~ instead of what I want them to be.

But these things have nothing to do with the forum... :p
Awe Bee, I thought you were gonna enlighten us with pearls of wisdom! Now I'm curious if some of your shattered illusions are the same as some of mine?? :D

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Betta that stinks. good heads up tho to know this.

I haven't noticed it. my pms are 'all kinda ok' haven't seen any 'changes' but then again I delete stuff fast anyway.

Don't use the pms as your address file or anything. if someone gives you private info transfer it. best you can do I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.