Peafowl enclosure shelter using mostly repurposed free materials

LL Ranch

Power Conserver
Reaction score
20170513_141741.jpg
the foundation is concrete blocks that came from a house that was being torn down the mismatched scraps of tin we're free . The pickup topper my boss was going to throw away I did him a favor hauling It Off the frame that will eventually hold up the bird netting is made out of an old trampoline the 90-degree legs are bolted to the building the upright bars that used to hold a safety net go across the top and the rounded pieces used to make up the circle of the trampoline . I got my inspiration from looking at Roundtop greenhouses . So far I've only had to purchase two by fours and landscape timbers Hardware nuts bolts screws and the bird netting I'm waiting on Amazon to ship. The topper house is 6x8 six foot tall the enclosure is 16 by 28 . That's the quick overview feel free to ask any questions
20170507_195537.jpg

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
This is a great example of how "trash" can be used to make something useful and save a lot of $$$ :thumbsup

LL Ranch

Power Conserver
Reaction score
100 square feet is recommended per bird. This is approximately 450 square feet so four or five Birds comfortably. It would hold a lot more if they were allowed to free range most of the time. At this time I have one cock and two hens both the hens are sitting on eggs that's why I'm expanding to a bigger enclosure