Pears adult beverage

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have about 17 lbs of cored and sliced bartlett pears in the freezer left over from pear harvest this year. Wife made crockpot pear butter and canned it, I got leftovers because she knows, pears are my favorite fruit. I only have enough for 3 gallons of some type(s) of fermented adult beverage.

I'll use this thread as a mini how-to and track progress of what fermented adult beverage(s) I decide to make.

Pear Wine - Although this wine recipe goes against a lot of what I learned about sanitation. it's an interesting recipe with the addition of light brown sugar and white raisins. I wouldn't follow this recipe exactly, I would change the process to ensure a clean ferment. And BTW never ferment wine in a "warm place" like this recipe calls for. Instead ferment wine within the allowable temperature range of the yeast your using. And primary ferment in a crock? Nope... glass or food grade plastic only, due to lead contained in crocks, now that's just common sense.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well my wife came home with 2 boxes of white raisins and set them on the table where I eat dinner. She said did you see what I bought you? I said yep so it's pear wine hu? She said yep.

I'm not going to change the recipe but I am going to change the process because I see room for a lot of improvements as far as sanitation goes. I'm going to do one gallon, like the recipe calls for and see what becomes of it. If it turns out good, I'll do a bigger batch, maybe 5 gallons next year.

Screenshot_20210918-005609.png

Pear wine is so hard... It's so hard to get pear on the front end. Every one I've tried, has just a faint taste of pears in the background. Maybe the light brown sugar may help bring the pair flavor up to the forrground? Who knows until you try?

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wishing you the best of luck with this endeavor. Pear Wine sounds yummy.