Permaculture for when the SHTF

ChickenMomma91

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We're in town so for water we have to look into storage tanks and a rain catchment system. We'd already discussed rain catchment to help with the garden. We also know that our local power company would throw a fit if we tried to go solar since that's less money for them and may possibly cost them money if our meter goes backwards. we do rely heavily on our deep freeze though, I really need to clean out my pantry to make room for incoming harvest canning

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
@ChickenMomma91 A rainwater catchment system is well worth the investment! We had a few tanks under our gutters in S.A. and the locals laughed at us at first, because it didn't rain there often, but we always had water for the garden and those times when a pipe went and our mains was off for awhile. You'd be amazed how much you can collect after even a light rain.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I've often thought a small garden shed with an overhang for sitting in the shade would be nice and keeping garden tools, fencing, pots and such but now I'm thinking it would be double or even triple the value for catching water in barrels or cistern for watering the garden.

Latest posts