Pet peeve of the day

Kotori

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Since I know I have a list of pet peeves a mile long, I was wondering what bothers you guys?

My biggest pet peeve is when people look at me crazy when I say I want to farm, or tell me its just a phase.

robren

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
This happened to me just last week and is one of my biggest...
When you are standing at the counter of a store (hardware store in this case), waiting to pay for your items or even ask a question, and the phone rings...... The clerk picks up the phone and says to You "just a sec". Now off he goes to see if they have an item for the person on the phone!!! HELLOOO, I'M IN YOUR STORE WITH CASH!!! Shouldn't the one on the phone have to wait "just a sec"?? Just sayin....

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
being in a farm community nothing that has to do with farming is ever questioned :)

pet peeve.

slow people. OMG MOVE PEOPLE! I get more done by 10 am then alot of people get done all day.

any person or anything slow drives me nuts.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
People that want to talk down to me because I'm a woman.

godsgrl

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Strangers that put their hands or other body parts all over me. I don't know you, get out of my personal space! I had to stand against a brick wall to keep one child off my butt the other day. Then at a church where I know almost no one, people kept hugging me, and one lady had her ample bosoms all over me. Learn about personal space, and respect it!

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
robren said:
This happened to me just last week and is one of my biggest...
When you are standing at the counter of a store (hardware store in this case), waiting to pay for your items or even ask a question, and the phone rings...... The clerk picks up the phone and says to You "just a sec". Now off he goes to see if they have an item for the person on the phone!!! HELLOOO, I'M IN YOUR STORE WITH CASH!!! Shouldn't the one on the phone have to wait "just a sec"?? Just sayin....
Just saying if you are in my store with cash you are pretty likely to spend it here, While the guy on the phone may /may not come to my store to spend. The only way I am going to get the message is for you to tell me why while you are leaving. By being in my store you have invested time and effort to get there so yoy are likely to spemd there It may sound wacky to you but that is how it works.....

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
How do you know that is the reason they are talking down to you? I get talked down to all the time but sometimes I like to play dumb just to see the reaction when they realize that I am not the hick they took me to be.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
being in a farm community nothing that has to do with farming is ever questioned :)

pet peeve.

slow people. OMG MOVE PEOPLE! I get more done by 10 am then alot of people get done all day.

any person or anything slow drives me nuts.
Are you really that fast or are you just always cutting corners and have to come back to fix things after 10 am? I like to drive in the right lane , right at the speed limit and I love to have a fast driver pass me. I call them 'bear bait'

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
~gd said:
Denim Deb said:
How do you know that is the reason they are talking down to you? I get talked down to all the time but sometimes I like to play dumb just to see the reaction when they realize that I am not the hick they took me to be.
gd, not being a woman, you're not going to understand. But, when a guy talks to you in a certain tone of voice, and calls you certain things, you know. And, there are times when I do play it dumb-like when they're trying to pick me up. I act like I don't know what they're talking about-unless they keep it up. Then, I shoot them down.

Latest posts