Pick your battles...the funniest blog post ever!

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I sooo want one, too. But I'm afraid the neighborhood kids would steal it & it would end up in someone's swimming pool. :/

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
See, I would have bought the bath towels.....

because I'll be danged if my hubby is going to tell me I can't bring in more bath towels!

(thankfully, i don't have that problem)

He's more likely to say, "and don't buy any more chickens!"

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I showed that blog to my wife. She said that I've brought home things worst that the chicken sculpture, so it wouldn't phase her.

I gave up the linen fight a looonggg time ago. :)

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
~gd said:
Dawn419 said:
:gig Wiping tears of laughter away!

Last year, there was a little plant nursery across the highway from where we turn off to go out to my family's places. Lo and behold...there's this huge metal chicken statue gracing the front of the parking lot. My first words..."Oh Skip, look! We need that chicken to place out at the end of the driveway!".

I wanted it to be a scare tactic for those who don't understand the mailbox and No Tresspassing signs that it is a driveway and NOT a turn around.

Well, I don't have my big chicken "guard dog" but I bet y'all can just image the look I got from doc! :gig

Doc, if you read this...thank you for putting up with me and being a partner in crime sometimes! :hugs

Dawn
If I had a buck for every time I had turned around using the end of someone's drive way I could buy BYC! Is there an unstated reason you object? And if you had a huge metal chicken there I would most likely stop (in your driveway) to look it over.
IF...we had a dollar for everyone that ignored our NO TRESPASSING signs, we'd be able to afford a few land payments.

1. We moved out here to have our own place.

2. See #1

3. I am 46 years young and was raised to respect other peoples property. IF you saw a "convenient" place (aka driveway), you found another place to use...like a side road or public parking lot.

4. I'm having David Letterman Top Ten flash backs! :gig Most of the people I know don't care for him and my reply is that our birthdays are days apart, regardless of the years. :lol:

5.See #'s 1 and 3

6. IF you were to use our driveway as a turn around and don't mind risking your vehicles loss to some one who don't understand that 55 mph is the legal limit and they cream your vehicle..no sweat off my back...I tried to warn you with the NO TRESPASSING signs that people choose to ignore...for whatever reason. :th

7. Our land is POSTED and I'd hope you/anyone could/would respect that. People don't/won't and I'm working towards a carry concealed license becasuse....

8. A mini Glock 9 mm...because I can... :cool:

9. PRIVACY

10. PRIVACY...It's been 99 degrees in the shade for weeks, I'm over what "violaters" see when they trespass, but since we make the payments here, find another place to turn around at...and our neighbors all agree....

11. We don't take ta stranga's pillin' up in our yards heya!

12. Respect! Fisrt and foremost...and I'm sure I'm not the only memeber here at the forum that feels this way! If I am, than so be it...let me know you're in the neighborhorhood and you'll be fine.

I've worked this post over the weekend and decided that I can only be ME. And you've got 'er!

Hope she's still acceprted!

Dawn