Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Do I detect a Redwall fan? :D

LOVE the angoras!

bjmstahl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I like the names you have for your goats. You must be a Jean Auel fan. I love her books. Nice pics by the way. Oh and does Dad have plumbers backside?:lol:

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Your pics are wonderful. And I especially love the one of Dad taking a nap. Sleeping in the sun feels soooo good.

g

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Just beautiful!! I wish I was more motivated, and had more money, to fence off my woods, so I could get goats. Ahhh, the dream! LOVE the picture of dad sleeping. Makes me want to get out there and take a nap in the sun....IF we ever get sun! LOL

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Ooooooo, now I want angora goats too. Except our summers are long and hot. Don't know how they would handle that.

ohiogoatgirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:gig ya, sometimes i wanna superglue dads pants up... :he
i just love laying out in the sun :) so relaxing

the angoras are cute in their full-hair... which reminds me i need to call that guy back who is gonna shear em for me... :/

redwall? :hu

yes, i love jean auel's books :thumbsup
i'm reading the newest one right now... if i ever get some time to read... lol

bjmstahl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Yes, I agree with you ohiogoatgirl that laying in the sun is great. Especially after the winter and spring we have had. It's rejuvenating.

I look forward to getting Auel's latest book. I'm saving it for the trip my husband and I are taking in June. We're visiting our daughter and son-in-law in LA. She is delivering our first grandchild (a boy). It's a long plane ride to LA and I have trouble sitting still for very long unless I'm occupied. Jean Auel's books can always hold my attention.

Love the angora sheep! They are so "Old World" looking.

I didn't realize you could use a goat for packing. Where do you go that you need pack goats? My son would love to teach his dog to carry a pack when he goes primitive camping.

ohiogoatgirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
wasnt thinking the other day and had the baby goats outs in the yard and decided to lay down... not smart! i had 12 goat feet jabbing me... all 3 of them wanted to stand on me and jump around. good thing they only weigh like 5 pounds. :p

hahaha, actually they are goats. but yeah, they look like antiques :lol:

yep, you can pack any animal that can carry weight. i love walkin with the goats. i'm planning on walking on the trail alot this summer. we have a paved trail that goes from one town, through the next, and to another one. i think its like 24 miles long. and i live on a 250 acre farm that has lots of woods on it. so i keep busy :D
i'm also hoping to train them to harness. train them to pull a wagon and things like that. i wanna have one pull a wagon and one wear a pack in our towns fall festival parade :cool: of course that'll have to wait a few years until they are trained and big enough to carry/pull things.

yeah, i made a travois for my husky mix dog. she outgrew it though so i need to make a new one. and it'll be better because now i know more of what i'm doing. she's got crazy amounts of energy and i been thinking of making her a pack. put that energy to good use :p

here is a link to a good website about packgoats:
http://northwestpackgoats.com/index.php?main_page=page_2&zenid=5ta0cbplrlgb34f4k2gl339j56

and here is a good website for dog carting:
http://dogworks.com/store/wagon.html