Pig farmer killed by her own pigs

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We've never had aggressive pigs, but I've heard plenty of stories! Love my guinea hogs. They'd never attack a thing.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And that is why I built the Pig Palace. I can feed and water WITHOUT having to step foot inside the pig pen. I had enough of carrying a pipe in the pig pen to keep them from circling around behind me, gave my the creeps. Even Wilbur, the 820 pound boar that we bought, gentle as he was, was sold because of his immense size, his owner became scared of him. Her friend, whom we dealt with because she was out of state, told me that when she went into his pen to feed and water, she had one of her kids stationed outside the pen with a pistol.

Hogs are dangerous.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I walk out with a bucket or two of feed in the middle of a hoard of AGH's twice a day. They definitely want their food, but there's no aggression whatsoever. One of the big sows follows me from food pile to food pile obviously thinking the last one is the best one - but she's not aggressive at all. I do love this breed and won't ever have any others.:love