Pine Needle Tea

Okiepan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So this morning I learned about pine needle tea , So I am off to harvest some needles for the tea , Question is has anyone tried this ??? Any comments greatly appreciated.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
tastes a little citrusy. I would suggest that anyone that is pregnant or trying to get pregnant should avoid it. Ponderosa (or is it Lodgepole? can't remember) has been known to cause spontaneous abortion in cattle, but actually all of them are mildly toxic. They don't cause a problem if you are not pregnant. Before anyone starts gibbering in fear over the term "toxic", remember that many foods we eat (chocolate, coffee, soy and most beans for instance) are mildly toxic, but I haven't heard of too many people that will refuse to eat a piece of chocolate just because it might give them diarrhea.

Boobalacka

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Yikes…. That’s an interesting read! Still confused about what Pine is safest to use though! Lots of contradictions!
I think White Pine is the most popular.
Thank for the links. Great info and more experts ( with our health in mind) to listen to.
I have an espresso machine luckily. I also have lots of star anise in my pantry. One of my favourite baking spices.
Thank you so much.

Boobalacka

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I haven’t tried it but we have many Pine trees here in Alberta Canada. Can we use any variety of pine? If so, I will run outside, pick a few ( with hardy gloves on) and steep some tea this morning.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

https://www.naturalnews.com/049804_pine_needles_foraging_tea_anti-cancer_properties.html

https://www.naturalnews.com/2021-05-09-is-pine-needle-tea-the-answer-to-covid-vaccine-shedding-suramin-shikimic-acid.html

bonVIVO Intenca Stovetop Espresso Maker​

314Hsr2ItuL.jpg