Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Pizza Fish

Fish fillets
Pizza or spaghetti sauce
Finely diced veggies, optional
Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Parmesan cheese, grated

Thaw 1 large fish fillet per person. Place the fillets in a greased or foil-lined baking dish. Cover with the sauce, veggies, and cheeses. Bake at 325 for about 15 minutes, or until fish flakes when checked with a fork.

I made it with haddock fillets this time, but any fish works.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That kinda threw me at first, like when I first heard about fruit pizza or fish tacos. But it probably is really good.

We love Italian food (just look at my hips), and I'm trying to get more fish in our diet, so I'll have to give this a go.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I would probably fry the fish a little first, but this does sound yummy. I do have flounder fillets in the freezer, but I think the boys ate all my cheese again....

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Wifezilla, sometimes I fry the fish first. Occasionally, I dip the fish fillets in some chopped nuts and fry it a bit for a good crunch.

It really just depends on my mood and the time between right now and "when is dinner going to be ready?". :lol:

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
Excellent topic...! I loveeeeee fish and i loveeee pizza...I haven't so much used fish on pizza pie much, as i've used shellfish and squid.I'm crazy about calamari(squid) pizza and clam pizza.I deep fry both first then add as a topping when the pizza is almost done.Scungelli is also excellent on pizza, except i cook it first in a fra'dablo(spelling?) sauce then use as a topping...I call them Italian seafood pizza's...:) I've been experimenting , trying to make an outdoors woodfired pizza oven.Keeping it simple and using dry blocks and bricks..I have access to plenty of firewood, and hate using my gas oven, because fuel is so darn exspensive...Pizza's are great, you can build a well balanced meal on a pizza crust...! Lately i've been making asparagus/kale pizza's, not much proten content, but boy them babe's are good...!! Pizza are very good for you when you build a healhy one,and inexpensive.When i figure out how to build an outdoor pizza oven, i will be really happy.Cheap,healthy comfort food..! What more could you ask for...! :) Lots of fresh garden goodies fit into a pizza scheme,as well as seafood of all types..

discoversimplicity

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have a freind who moved to Idaho recently from Alaska. She owned a restaurant in Alaska in a tourist town, where all the cruise ships dock, and the hottest item on her menu was halibut pizza. I'm going to visit her this week and she's going to make it for me. I'm going to try to get the recipe and will report back to you on my experience when I return :)

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
Sounds good Discoversimplicity, i love trying all sorts of things on pizza.The crust is as important as the toppings.I'm not to big on the very thin crust,and Sicilian is a bit thick.They are both good, but i like the thickness somewhere between the two.IMO a good olive oil brushed on the bottom of the pie and cooked on a pizza stone are key.It comes out with a nice olive oil flavor and a bit of a crispy crunch..!

cabinchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
KevsFarm said:
Sounds good Discoversimplicity, i love trying all sorts of things on pizza.The crust is as important as the toppings.I'm not to big on the very thin crust,and Sicilian is a bit thick.They are both good, but i like the thickness somewhere between the two.IMO a good olive oil brushed on the bottom of the pie and cooked on a pizza stone are key.It comes out with a nice olive oil flavor and a bit of a crispy crunch..!
The pizza was AWESOME, in fact they are selling it to the local stores frozen. I would rather eat that pizza than go out to a restaurant and that's something I love to do. So in short, nope, couldn't get the recipe. But I may be able to hook you up with them to maybe mail it to you? IDK if that would work :idunno
:) I found their website - they do ship: http://www.wildfrontierpizza.com/Menu.pdf

Latest posts