Plastic 2 liter bottles cut in half to start plants.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
I can't get them from recycling bins around here-I'd get arrested! We're not in a place where you have to make a deposit, so I can't grab people going in the store, and the majority of my friends aren't soda drinkers. :( I'm planning to try and start saving some now for next year.
Sorry to hear that. I used to live in a deposit state and I didn't need to stake out the supermarkets, a quick cruise thru the parking lot would usually turn up someone with bags or carts going INTO the Store, I suppose it takes some nerve to offer to buy them in the parking lot but I was never refused formally Some mignt think I was a nut and just keep walking. But most were glad to get rid of them easilly because the odds were pretty good they would end up standing on line to get their deposit back in the store.
Now I live in a more backward state (NC) and there are 3 companies that offer curb pickup but only one recyles with open bins. I just know which routes have bins and which day is service day. never had a problem as long as I didn't make a mess.
Now the 'recycling' center has attendants to make sure you use the right container and to prevent treasure hunters (like me) But I know one attendant that doesn't care as long as he doesn't get reported. I go at off hours (retired/no work) and spend some time talking and maybe a cold one for the attendant. I tell him what I want and he turns his back and 'poof' it is gone. wink wink Right now I am searching for 3 L soda bottles used for store brands of soda Wider mouth so they fill better and hold more. Never could figure that out those big bottles will only fit in huge refrigerators annd the owners are unlikely to buy store brands Maybe that is what the icemaker is for??~gd