POO to gas!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I can't do anything but drive less, lol, but poo on gas prices.

last week I filled up at $3.07. Today I drove by that gas station to fill up and it was $3.32.

POO ( well I used a bit stronger language lol)

NC is the 6th highest for gas prices in the country. POO again

just a baby rant to say :somad to gas prices, cause the increase isn't over. I am wondering just how high it is going to get. ugh

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I know. I got it for just $2.97 a couple of weeks ago. I didn't get gas today, but will be getting it tomorrow, and the cheapest I saw today was $3.14. And, it's just a tad bit too cold to ride my bike. By the time it warms up enough to do so, I'll have to have my truck. :/

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Here we go the gas tread. That time again. :) It's 3.49 here. I was doing my taxes and look at all my gas slips for Jan of last yr and gas was 3.24. .25 cents higher. GREAT!! My magic ball is seeing above 4.00 by summer and over 5 if Iran does a military move. IMHO. I use over 800 gal a yr. I'm thinking large storage this yr. :)

The reality is . It's not so much that the price of gas is going up, but that the price of your dollar is going down.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Oh, I saw that when I was back home, Farmerchick, it was all over the news before we left. My mom drives into SC to get it cheaper cause NC is so dang expensive comparitively. MD is not much better, though it is hanging around $3.13ish depending on where you go.
Someone at my office mentioned that it could go to 5 this summer if Iran does anything goofy.... I told her at that rate it would be worth some of us carpooling, and I am not above it to save that much money!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea they said that SC could be about .30 cheaper than NC.
my parents are close enough to jump over into Gaffney SC for gas. but I am way to far to make it worth the trip darn it..lol

$5
good gravy if it gets into the middle $4s I am done driving. I will be out of a gas budget at that point. yikes

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We as a family have set up a bike repair section in our shop. We all have mt bikes and plenty of spare parts. Tire sizes all the same.

When ever we go to the dump we strip old bikes of usefull things. Especially tubes, chains, seats, nuts and tires. :) The goal this yr is to drop 20% of our gas bill. About 500.00 worth. So all local trips will be on bike for sure or walk. I'm self-employeed so I will do better planning on my work end of things.

If we hit our goal we plan on shifting the money to our winter preps. :)

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ugh. I was out and about today and the guy on the radio said that if you see it fr under $3.60/gal, buy it. :( There is no biking where I live - lots of snow and the closest grocery store is 8.5 miles away. I just wish the stations/refineries/etc would wait until something ACTUALLY happens before they start jacking up the prices :tongue

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
It's not the refineries, perse, but the speculators that drive up the price per barrel. I'm more glad than ever that I have the basket on my bike. I'll be riding it as much as possible-even this winter.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yup the speculation. I have a speculation for them too! :lol:

I am lucky what I do need is around me and close. So trips can be severely limited if needed. But I like that drive to some other stores farther away for a change. that change might not be happening as much