Post a picture of your clothesline

cackle

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I need a new clothes line and my husband said he will put one up for me. I would love to see what others are using for homemade lines.

Thanks,

Susan

nccountrygirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You can see it sorta on the left.

IMGP0645.jpg

krjwaj

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I don;t have to photo of our clothesline but I can describe it.
Its just the pulley kind that is attached from our back deck to a tree about 30 feet away. The deck is high enough the clothes are far from the ground and its easy to walk out the door, stay on the deck to hang-take down.

coopy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I don't have a picture either. But mine is 2 metal T posts with holes drilled in the t's. Then my husband put in eye's (not sure if that is what they are called, a circle with a screw at the end) that screw into the post and tied the clothes line to the eyes. There are 3 lines. That way if the line needs to be tightened we can undo it and tighten the lines.

cackle

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
krjwaj said:
I don;t have to photo of our clothesline but I can describe it.
Its just the pulley kind that is attached from our back deck to a tree about 30 feet away. The deck is high enough the clothes are far from the ground and its easy to walk out the door, stay on the deck to hang-take down.
That is what I am using right now but it is not high enough the clothes droop almost to the ground...I have to watch what goes in the middle.

Thanks everyone for the photos and the descriptions of your lines... I can't wait to have one that I can actually dry sheets on.

NCcountry girl yours looks great.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I don't have a pic either, but I have 3 heavy duty retactable lines that are on my deck. They are quite strong. I regularly hang quilts/bedspreads over them. You won't need your DH to put them up - just a good screwdriver ;)

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I have an outdoor clothesline for summer that runs off my deck to an electric pole. In winter I have a retractable one that is near my woodstove in the basement. It really helps keep the humidity in and it also helps the house smell nice:>)

krjwaj

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That is what I am using right now but it is not high enough the clothes droop almost to the ground...I have to watch what goes in the middle.
We added this 'S' shaped plastic put that connects the two lines so it holds it up better when the line gets heavy. DH probably got it at Home Depot or Lowes.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
They do make a thingy for those pulley laundry lines to help the lower line stay up.
My laundry line is strung around fenceposts and chain link fence, going back and forth a few times and even crossing over. When one of the lines sags too much because I've got bath towels and a quilt hanging on it, I just prop it up with a long stick that has a "y" at the end. I learned that trick from an old lady, whose grandkids I used to baby sit.
She raised 5 kids way back when and way out in the boonies. She had to know how to make do, she had no choice. They were snowed in for at least three months of the year and they had no electricity in those days.
I wish she was still around, so I could ask her more questions.