Potty Scrub

Neko-chan

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm going to have guests over sometime next month. It would be nice to have a clean can, know what I mean? (Course, it's nice to have a clean pot all the time.)

We don't have to worry about septic or anything, but something gentle, nice smelling, and does the job with a minimum of scrubbing would be nice.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Neko-chan said:
I'm going to have guests over sometime next month. It would be nice to have a clean can, know what I mean? (Course, it's nice to have a clean pot all the time.)

We don't have to worry about septic or anything, but something gentle, nice smelling, and does the job with a minimum of scrubbing would be nice.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Dump some washing soda in the bowl and scrub it around. Let it sit for a minute or two, then pour some white vinegar in, swishing it so it reaches all corners.
Does an excellent job loosening the mineral buildup.

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
Gee- so simple! And I even have the ingredients. I am so sick of scrubbing the minerals off the bowl I had given up! Thanks :D

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hydrogen peroxide is what I've been using and it works great!

The tiny bathroom in our camper had a lot of iron stains around the toilet and shower floor. I keep a spray bottle of half hydrogen peroxide/half water for cleaning and decided to give it a try since I didn't have any baking soda on hand.

It tamed the stains some so I tried using the peroxide straight and it did the trick.

Dawn

garden pixy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Brilliant! This is way better than that Method stuff I have been buying, and it's stuff I have already :)

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this, I want to try it too. And this is something everyone has!