POWER4PATROITS program

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I just ran across this offer on another website The sales pitch run about 20 minutes before they got to the bottom line. They Wanted $27 to teach you how to build yourself 1.complete solar plant [big enough to get off the grid completely]. 2. Wind turbine system {again big enough to get off the grid forever]. 3. Solar water heater. 4. Solar heat for your whole house even in cold climates.
All kinds of guarntees. But what stopped mead dead was the fact that you could only use a credit card to pay. Now I have been burned by credit card scams before to the point that I reported my card stolden and did not replace it to stop the charges. Besides I was often told that If a deal sounded to good to be true it usually wasn't true.
Has anyone else tried this program, and if so with what results? ~gd

1aahnoor

Frugally lurking
Reaction score
Solar heat for your whole house even in cold climates.
All kinds of guarntees.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I hear you on the scams. I was ripped off for a metal bottled water thing. Had to ship everything back and eat it on the S&H.
Well, I have tried (not lately) to understand the basics of solar with a dummies book. I don't get it. I'm too dumb.
Maybe if I first try to understand electricity and introduce solar afterwards. IDK. I am a bit intriged by the idea of powering my house with a $6K investment, as one of the other threads suggest. Maybe if I can do a small solar deal in the barn, just for what little power I need there, I will have hands on experience.
Thing is, the concept and the math is tempting and the cons know it so they set traps. Get your info free....from the library. Or buy used books from amazon, if you need to study longer.

FarmerD

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
off grid solar isnt so hard. basically, your house runs off batteries. the inverter inverts the dc volts from the batts into ac power for your lights and appliances. all the rest of the stuff (solar panels and charge controller) charge the batteries.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It really does set off alarm bells to me.

We were looking at boat solar battery chargers to power our outboard and some lights. It will cost us about $50 to do that. The marine solar panels are flexible. The only thing that has held us back on setting stuff up on solar at the house is the cost of the batteries. The panels aren't that bad.

We don't use very much power. The well and heater in there use the most per month. The dryer uses quite a bit but we are getting rid of the 220 beast since the washer is dead. Going to just get a european style washer/dryer that plugs in to a normal plug. It's supposed to be more energy efficient.

Latest posts