price of eggs report -just for fun

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
This should be interesting. The next time you are at the grocery store, check out the price of eggs. Find the most expensive dozen and report it here.

At Whole Foods: One dozen extra-large brown organic eggs, $5.39!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Holy cow, no wonder my eggs are selling so well. I will check my health food store next time I go.

gina

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Its not just eggs. Everything is skyrocketing this week!
Just got back from the store and it blew my mind.
Onions $1.79 per pound. Green pepper $1.50 each
My favorite sausage up to 5.69 from 4.59

Lucky white nonbleached flour was 27 cents a pound. I bought 50#

My neighbor sells eggs at $3 a dozen. I don't look at eggs elsewhere anymore but I recall 4.50 for organic last summer.
Please don't tell her!

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Maybe its time to get more hens, Tankshill.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Mackay said:
Maybe its time to get more hens, Tankshill.
I bought 12 more about a month ago. I am hopping for a banner year. At 3 bucks a dozen most of my customers know their getting a good deal. :clap

g

dntd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Our eggs are 2.19 for large white eggs and 4.99 for brown organic eggs. I can't wait until my large chicks get here and grow up, my bantoms lay small pink eggs(good replacement for quail I enjoy) but I need larger ones to actually cook and feed the family with:)

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I found some quail hatching eggs for $3 a dozen texas A&M(?), bobwhites and pharoh. I thought about getting some.

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Around here @ Albertson's Eggland's Best large brown eggs are $4.99 per dozen.

I agree with Mackay about rising costs of nearly all foods. Every time I go to the store I get sticker shock from the time before. Cooking oil has nearly doubled in price in just the last couple of months. I think in January it was going for about $3.50 for a 48oz bottle and now it's over $6 and that's for corn, vegetable or canola mix. Straight canola is a little more and nevermind olive oil. A 17oz bottle of EVOO is $7 to $8. Not to mention everything else.
It's almost too expensive to eat. I've been trying to stock up on alot of staple items when they are on sale. But then we use alot of it too, so it never lasts very long.