Proper Disposal??

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Well, its not really recycling... but I would rather discard a few things I have in the best way possible.

I have half a can of spray glue that is no longer spraying. I suspect its probably not healthy to chuck this in the trash... Anybody got any suggestions?

I also have an old Oster rechargable clipper set with two batteries. It is not working anymore, and they don't make the kit so I can't even buy replacement batteries for it. I think my local organic grocery store has a place for battery disposal, but I am not sure if that includes these kind of batteries or not. Otherwise, I have no idea what to do with the kit because it wasn't well taken care of in the first place and it is now useless without being able to charge the batteries. I hate throwing away things if I think they might have a purpose, but I don't know what else to do in this case...

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Meh...I felt the same way when my 30+ yr old electric knife finally bit the dust. I hate when that happens :th

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
If you want to save the clippers, have you looked on ebay for the battery? I have found batteries for old computers and cell phones on there.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
eBay is great for parts/batteries :)

Around here, the fire hall will take "hazardous waste" such as paint, batteries, chemicals etc.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Actually, I'm not sure if it is a battery issue at this point. The lights on the charger unit seem to be coming on correctly. It might be something wrong with the clipper head. I tried to give them away on freecycle, but nobody wanted them there, either.
:-/