Pumpkin recipes

PotterWatch

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
These are my two favorite pumpkin recipes. I found the recipe for the cookies one day when I really wanted something sweet but didn't have any eggs in the house, so glad I didn't have eggs that day! I like to use golden raisins and chocolate chips in the cookies instead of regular raisins and nuts. They are very moist and if you use parve (non-dairy) chocolate chips, they are good for the vegan crowd. The pancakes are delicious, imo. They aren't too sweet or heavy.

Pumpkin Cookies

1 c. brown sugar, packed
1 c. pumpkin
1/2 c. oil
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. sifted flour
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. each salt, cinnamon & nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1 c. raisins
1/2 c. chopped nuts

In mixing bowl beat together sugar, pumpkin, oil and vanilla. Sift together dry ingredients; add and stir until smooth. Blend in raisins and nuts. Drop by teaspoon on greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes. Makes 3 to 4 dozen. NO EGGS needed in these moist, soft cookies.

Pumpkin Pancakes

INGREDIENTS
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons vinegar

DIRECTIONS
In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, pumpkin, egg, oil and vinegar. Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, ginger and salt, stir into the pumpkin mixture just enough to combine.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Excellent!! I am going to be checking to see if I have the stuff for the pumpkin pancakes! My kids love pumpkin everything! I bet they'll love these!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
I got this recipe from a local cooking school's class for doggie treats. :D It is an excellent winter dish for all.

Pumpkin Risotto

1/2 lb. ground beef
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup pumpkin, cooked and pureed, or canned
5 cups veggie stock (or beef or chicken)
1/2 tsp. salt
3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups rice

Heat oil in a large 12" skillet. Cook ground beef and pumpkin. Add rice and toss. Cook for 2 minutes. Add salt. Add stock a little at a time, stirring constantly. Continue cooking rice until done, approximately 23 minutes. Mix in cheese. Can be served as a side dish or main course. Serve with tossed salad, if desired as main course.

We also make this meal without beef.

Latest posts