Purpose for this??

On Our own

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have a one gallon insulated jug. Full open lid and a tap dispenser at the bottom.

The plastic O - ring around the tap is broken and I cannot find a replacement.

What else can I use this for?? It leaks now.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
planter complete with drainage hole already.

target practice

yogurt thingy (to make yogurt in)

umm...that's all I got right now :hu

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
recycle

honestly stuff like this I don't want in my home....to me it "hits the level" of garbage and just stays around for no reason other than...."it might be useful" but now in life I am more, get rid of junk then try to reuse something I consider junky lol

so recycle is best for this

shadowrider

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
You should be able to get that o-ring at an auto parts,hardware, or industrial supply store.
shadowrider

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Find one of those little cheap neoprene can cooler things that they usually give away as promo's- I had a chicken waterer that needed a new gasket and we could not find one anywhere! So I had one of those little can coolers and we cut a double layer of "gasket" from it and put it all back together and it still works today--so that would be about 3 years now, but I still have quite a bit of that neoprene left to make more.
Or look for those cheap one gallon ice tea jugs and see if their gasket is the right size as they go on sale for as cheap as .75 after summer.

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
There is a plumbing supply store near us that will make custom rings at a reasonable price. Also, you might do as others suggested and look for a ring for another purpose vacuum cleaner,etc that might work.

TroutsChicks

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
lowes sells o-rings in the hardware dept go to the aisle where the pull out small parts drawers are.

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
recycle

honestly stuff like this I don't want in my home....to me it "hits the level" of garbage and just stays around for no reason other than...."it might be useful" but now in life I am more, get rid of junk then try to reuse something I consider junky lol

Why would you recycle something that is no longer useful?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
kcsunshine said:
FarmerChick said:
recycle

Why would you recycle something that is no longer useful?
I should have used this for my first sentence: recycle/repurpose or sell

I am not a clutter person. Drives me insane :)

Example would be we have at least 15 /55 gal. metal barrels for the goat herd feed in my home barn. Those 120 goats are gone. I 'might use' those again in who knows how many years. But right now I will not and not in the near future. SO I am getting rid of them. First is offer to farm friends. Second will be take to scrap metal recycle for money. To me to hold onto something that might be used whenever is not worth it, because at that point it has no use in my home. That way that feed room becomes a useful room if needed. Not a junk room waiting to hold feed that will not come anytime soon.

Does that kinda explain my thinking?