Question on Goats?

BYCBANTAM

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure if there is a area to post this in but I have a small goat that seems to have a cold. Has the sniffles and crud around its nose and eyes in the morning anyone know what this could be and how to remedy it. It did have diarhea but we got that under control. By the way she is three weeks old.
Thanks

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Oh, poor little baby! I hope someone answers your question, I know there are some experienced goat people here. I just wanted to get this question back to the top as people are coming in from evening chores, hopefully, and will see it.

Oh, and welcome!

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
there's always a lot of goat people online on BackyardChickens (see link at bottom of page), you might try there for a quicker answer and more of 'em.

Good luck,

Pat

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
If you find an answer over there, please come back here and post a link so I will know what they said! Being a new dairy goat owner myself, I need to know all I can about caring for the little ones.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Wouldn't hurt to mix some ACV in its water and I've even heard of doing a 50:50 drench of unpasteurized ACV for a great immunity booster.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Hi!

Not sure whether your looking for a conventional method or 'alternative', if its just a cold, I've read that you can mix the dried herbs echinacea, horehound, peppermint, and taheebo in equal parts. Yogurt will help her rumen and digestive system.

If your looking for conventional, VetRx works, and I've heard LA200 does for respiratory infection.