1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official SS Poll: What do you do to eliminate bills / cut down expenses?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Plastic up the porch - Discussion Thread.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. SS Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Quick, Homemade Squirrel Calls

Discussion in 'Hunting & Fishing' started by HomesteaderWife, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Jan 3, 2016
    HomesteaderWife

HomesteaderWife Lovin' The Homestead

I recently wrote an article online for Mother Earth News on "5 Easy Squirrel Calls" that I wanted to share with you all here. I am not promoting this (as I make no money from what I write for them) but instead I am just wanting to share this with folks who may hunt squirrels and be interested.

I wanted to make a few quick squirrel calls with items found around our house, so I came up with some things to mimic the sound squirrels make while "cutting" nuts.

http://www.motherearthnews.com/homesteading-and-livestock/5-easy-squirrel-calls-zbcz1512.aspx

Check this out and let me know what you think, and maybe if you have used any of them! We have pretty good success with the first call I mentioned (we use an acorn and a plastic or steel comb).

2. Jan 4, 2016
    Britesea

Britesea Sustainability Master

Very cool! We haven't hunted for squirrel, but I'd like to.