Raw Milk

Gazinga

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
i too would like to trade eggs for fresh milk in the north Los Angeles area. please let me know too

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
sorry--we have it available from farms out here in NC...just call some local farms and you might hit jackpot

also go into your Dept. of Agriculture site on the web...they list the farms in the area and the products they sell and you could probably easily find one selling milk...good luck!

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Find a website with local CSA's on it & you might find a local farm with raw milk. Just be forewarned it is very expensive here in az $10-$12/gal.

When I was a little girl my mom traded eggs for raw milk & it was the best milk I ever drank. Some organic comes close to the taste but not quite.

Gazinga

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
questions;

what is "CSA"?

do you have a web site where i could find these?

why is raw milk so expensive!?

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Gazinga said:
questions;

what is "CSA"?

do you have a web site where i could find these?

why is raw milk so expensive!?
Consumer sustained agriculture = CSA

www.local harvest.com

Not 100% sure why it is so expensive, except that a lot of the dairies are not as large as the commercial ones & in order for them to make a profit they need to charge more. But you do get the cream with it too, so you would be able to make raw organic butter too & when you factor that in it is not quite as bad. Not to mention whipped cream if you choose too.
It does taste better than what you can buy in the stores, but we can not afford it right now, I wish we could though.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
My local healthy grocer, still carries it. It runs 7-8 bucks for a half gallon. I need a cow.
When our cow was pg & getting close to her drop time I tried to convince dh wee should milk her but he was dead set against it. Now that baby is almost a year old & close to being breed herself & he is considering milking her when she drops her calf. So I may get my fresh raw milk(in another yr).