Redfox hunting

lipoptena

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
We're at the end of the redfox season here in Sweden. It ends in 2 weeks and starts again 1st of aug.

So yesterday I took part in a rather huge hunt. We covered about 20.000 acres of huntingground using 6 hounds and as many sub terran dogs. 75 shooters and 10 doghandlers took part in the hunt. In Sweden it is not allowed for the dogs to hunt in pack, som the hounds hunted in different parts of the area. All in all about a dozen foxes were shot. I didnt see any fox but got the oportunity to introduce my terrier puppy to a dead vixen. The little bitch were furious, so I guess she will become a terriffic sub terran huntingdog this autumn.

Apart from this I hunt redfox by trapping and calling. If the fur is nice I tan it myself. But at the moment we have a lot of problem with the parasite Sarcoptes scabiei which cause the fur to fall off and the skin to itch. A less dense population of redfox will decreas this parasite and allow more hares and roe deer to survive.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Is your red fox like our red fox? I have come to respect the fox as a big symbol for me, and I'd love to have a pelt!
(I'm sure if I get chickens, I suppose I'll get one eventually!! :lol: )

lipoptena

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
hqueen13 said:
Is your red fox like our red fox?
At least according to wikipedia.... But there are some 40+ subspecies of vulpes vulpes