Refrigerator pickles

PotterWatch

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have some small cucumbers that I would like to make into pickles. I have one recipe for spicy pickles, but I don't know that my boys will like it. Does anyone have a recipe for whole refrigerator pickles (the boys like whole better than sliced), that they would like to share?

krjwaj

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Mine isn't really a recipe but I use the leftover juice from a jar of pickles, slice and throw in some cukes, then wait about 2 weeks or so.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
My family likes these...

Refrigerator Dill Pickles
from Ball Fresh Preserving website

Makes 4 (32 oz) quarts or 8 (16 oz) pints

7 lb pickling cucumbers (about 28 small to medium)
6 cups water
2-1/2 cups vinegar
1 5-oz pkg Ball Simple Creations Kosher Dill Pickle Mix
4 (32 oz) quart or 8 (16 oz) pint glass preserving jars with lids and bands

1.) CUT ends off cucumbers. Cut into spears.
2.) COMBINE water, vinegar and contents of package in a medium saucepan. Heat to a boil.
3.) POUR hot pickling liquid over cucumber slices in a large bowl. Cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
4.) PACK cucumber slices into clean jars. Ladle pickling liquid over cucumbers. Place lids and bands on jars.
5.) REFRIGERATE up to 3 months.

Note: For added crispness, soak cut cucumbers in ice water for 4 hours before preparing recipe. For added flavor, allow pickles to stand for 2 weeks before opening.

I know the recipe says to refrigerate up to 3 months, but we've just finished the last jar from last year's pickles, and they were fine.