Resisting Temptation....

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
10%2028%2016%20Resisting%20Temptation%20email_zps12vsb5ua.jpg

Whenever we had leftover meat scraps, I freeze them in small amounts on a cookie sheet. And then store them in a ziplock bag in the freezer. Then I can add one to Cherokee's dinner each night.

10%2028%2016%20Meat%20on%20Counter%2004%20email_zpsvi4a1dyh.jpg

I got the series of photos above while doing this. Cherokee was so funny... He wouldn't touch any of the meat on the counter. He is such a good boy!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You can see that Cherokee REALLY wants to touch that!!!:hu What wonderful manners......well, excellent control. Hope he got a nice piece of that for dinner.

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You can see that Cherokee REALLY wants to touch that!!!:hu What wonderful manners......well, excellent control. Hope he got a nice piece of that for dinner.

Yes he did, and he was getting bits of it as I was working too. I thought it was funny that he didn't even try to take it off the counter! I had even pointed to it, as if to give him permission to take it, but... he wouldn't. I guess he knows taking things off the counter is "forbidden." Which is a good thing.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
He should be close to 2 years old now, if not already had his birthday. He is such a well behaved boy, not to take food off the counter. I like your idea, but with 4 doggie mouths to feed around here, leftovers never make it to the freezer! LOL

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
He should be close to 2 years old now, if not already had his birthday. He is such a well behaved boy, not to take food off the counter. I like your idea, but with 4 doggie mouths to feed around here, leftovers never make it to the freezer! LOL

Yep, he turned 2 years old on Friday! Oct. 28th.
How fast these two years have gone by!
He sure grew a lot!
Two Year Comparison Photo email.JPG

He is about 6lbs lighter than he was at a year old. But, he is taller. He is just starting to eat more, maybe that means we will soon be out of the 90's here during the day!

Latest posts